Floors get neglected all too often. From homes to businesses, garages to outdoor patios, sometimes people just don’t pay enough attention to them.
One could say that floors tend to get walked all over.
But with Marrocco’s Stamped Concrete, you can give your floors the attention and love that they deserve. We know that a proper concrete transformation requires some science, some artistic touch, and a whole lot of attention to detail.
Our Baltimore decorative concrete experts have the skills and experience required to transform your concrete floors, walkways, and patios into a masterful, functional work of art.
But how do you know which type of decorative concrete is best?
In this blog, we’ll break down two of the more popular options — stained concrete and polished concrete — in order to help you decide which option is right for you.
Keep reading to learn the benefits of each and contact Marrocco’s Stamped Concrete today to get started.
Like with most renovation projects, cost is likely going to be one of the first concerns that crops up about decorative concrete. Well, fear not — our Baltimore decorative concrete options are as affordable as they are majestic. Here’s what you can expect:
- Stained Concrete: Stained concrete is a fairly cost-effective way to create a unique coloration, pattern, or texture on a concrete space. Many stores even sell DIY staining materials for cheap, though we recommend trusting the professionals to get the job done right.
- Polished Concrete: This option is somewhat more pricey, as it requires a bit more manpower (and machine power) to accomplish. However, it is still a very budget-friendly option as it essentially takes advantage of the materials (concrete) that already exist.
Of course if you’re going to pay for decorative concrete, then you want to make sure it looks good.
- Stained Concrete: Stained concrete involves the application of an acid-based chemical which creates a “colored” effect on your floors. You can also create special effects and designs, and there are many color options from which to choose. Stained concrete is usually a good choice for restaurants, barber shops, and other such places.
- Polished Concrete: Polished concrete, on the other hand, does not merely apply a coating to your concrete; it involves the process of actually grinding and polishing the concrete to the point where a glossy, shiny surface is left behind. Aesthetically speaking, polished concrete is hard to beat.
There are a few other attributes and benefits to consider when choosing between stained concrete and polished concrete. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Stained Concrete: Stained concrete is a great way to create a dynamic floor space in your home or business. However, be wary that it does tend to deteriorate after time. Still, it’s fairly low maintenance and affordable.
- Polished Concrete: When it comes to maintenance, polished concrete is among the very best options out there. It is dust-proof, energy efficient, and won’t chip or crack. Polished concrete is ideal for high-traffic areas.
Looking to get the best polished concrete in Baltimore? Marrocco’s has you covered. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.